Latest Articles from our Partners

At the Beach: Storm Watching


At the Beach: Storm Watching

Long gone are the days of calm seas in these parts.  The Pacific Ocean region has been experiencing storm after storm the past 10 days, BUT we were able to catch a break in the action to get a few photos. 





At the Beach: Storm Watching

One of the most exciting things about living along the ocean is being able to literally watch each new storm front come through.  Even though these photos look dark and scary....the wind was calm and it wasn't nearly as cold as we thought it would be.

At the Beach: Storm Watching

My husband and I had never seen this species of bird on our beaches.  They look like a sandpiper on steroids, lol! Seriously, they are about the size of a seagull with the long sandpiper beak.

Do you know what they are?  They weren't intimidated by the high seas or stormy weather, just me! 

At the Beach: Storm Watching

I got a bit too close for comfort and those pretty birds flew away...bummer. Even a bigger bummer was that my good camera with zoom lens had a battery that was dead (reminder to check battery before leaving home).

At the Beach: Storm Watching

Here comes the next big storm and it was moving pretty fast. We started walking back to the truck...then shuffling...then jogging!  It was a "bit" intimidating and I'm a scaredy-cat.


At the Beach: Storm Watching

Oh, while jogging back to the truck we found this float from a boat named, Doreen.  If you're missing this, then come over and let us know.  Doreen is hanging in the backyard now!

At the Beach: Storm Watching

At the Beach: Storm Watching

At the Beach: Storm Watching

Do you love to storm watch too?

 

P.S. I hope you get a chance to check out the Vietri Coastal Dinnerware sale too!

12 comments:

  1. Those are some gorgeous images of the ocean! I especially love the ones with the birds, amazing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, Sherry!! The birds are so fun to watch :O)

      Delete
  2. Gorgeous pictures - thanks for sharing!! (I'm a scaredy-cat too when a storm is approaching - I can outrun my family :))

    ReplyDelete
  3. Speaking as a UK birdwatcher, I believe those are Godwits. I can't tell the species from the photo - some you can only identify by feather patterns when the birds are in flight!

    Thanks for the beautiful photos, with the variegated shades of blue, lovely.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for sharing what type of birds they are. Hope you have a lovely weekend,

      Delete
  4. What beach is that? We live in Lincoln City, Oregon and have had that same weather for the past 10 days. It was so nice to see the sunshine here today. I love living on the coast and having the Ocean for my front yard. It is so amazing to watch the weather roll in with the waves. Thanks for sharing the pictures, they were awesome.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We live in Long Beach, Washington so we do have very similar weather! Thanks for the lovely comments :O)

      Delete
  5. Wow ... these pictures are absolutely gorgeous! It was nice to "watch" the cold, but not to have to feel it. Thanks for that chance ~
    Mary

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Mary - glad you liked the pics :O)

      Marie
      xoxo

      Delete
  6. Wow, what beautiful pictures and what a lovely site! Well done! I imagine the sound of the ocean feeds your soul. God bless!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Those are just beautiful pictures. A bit scary but beautiful all the same. When I was growing up in Oklahoma we had lots of tornadoes. I can remember my Dad sitting on the steps of the cellar and letting me sit with him and watch the clouds. I loved it. Precious memories.

    Thanks for sharing.

    Judy

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting us, we would love to hear what you think - - Have a beachy day!

**We love to reply to your comment, so please make sure your profile shows your email address, it makes it much easier! :O)

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.