Latest Articles from our Partners

Celebrating August with Vintage Swimsuits

Happy August, beach friends!  August reminds me of long lazy days by the pool or seaside, how about you?  Since Vintage Swimsuits are always a favorite of our readers, what better way to celebrate the beginning of August?  You're never going to see a photo of me in a swimsuit (unless it's when I was a kid) but I'm more than happy to share some divine photos of others in their suits...

Elizabeth Taylor certainly makes this swimsuit looks divine, doesn't she? What a beautiful lady she was.

Vintage Swimsuits



Life Magazine featuring summer fun - what could be better?  The all-over ruffled swimsuit is soooo cute!

Vintage Swimsuits in Life Magazine


Vintage Swimsuits


This young lady reminds me a bit of a young Ingrid Bergman or her lovely daughter, Isabella Rossellini.

Vintage Swimsuits


What an adorable couple -- I love his saddle shoes and her ruffly bikini top!

Vintage Swimsuits


Here is a hand-knitted bathing suit from 1926.  My favorite part is the adorable little hat she's wearing though!




Vintage Swimsuits


The always fabulous, Rita Hayworth, is so adorably chic in these nautically-inspired photos.

Vintage Swimsuits - Rita Hayworth


Vintage Swimsuits - Rita Hayworth


An article about vintage swimsuits wouldn't be complete without one modeled by Marilyn Monroe (one of my all-time favs). The red and white polka dot umbrella is pretty nifty too!

Vintage Swimsuits - Marilyn Monroe


Looking for more summer fun?

Visit our 'At the Beach' board on Pinterest

 

This article brought to you by these fine coastal sponsors...
 

4 comments:

  1. I love the swimsuits, but I also love the fact that these women look like REAL women. Not pencil thin models.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have a beautiful photo of my mum in one of these. So lovely...... you have just reminded me to get it framed for my beach house.
    Bring on summer

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love all the swim suits, great job down vintage lane. :))The beach is a wonderful place to be and thanks for all your great posts.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I Love this post! How refreshing to see all these beautiful swimsuits. Memories from the styles my mommy wore and my first bikini, the modest two piece suit. Great share…………

    ~Emily
    The French Hutch

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting us, we would love to hear what you think - - Have a beachy day!

**We love to reply to your comment, so please make sure your profile shows your email address, it makes it much easier! :O)

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.