Latest Articles from our Partners

Summer Beach Reads from Shorely Chic


I love a good read for the beach and these four are at the top of my list this summer:

I'll be honest, it usually takes me forever to finish a book - I can just never find the time! It's common for me to hear, "You're still reading that?? It's been 8 months!", however send me on vacation with an Emily Giffin or an Elin Hilderbrand and I'll breeze through in days - undoubtedly my two favorite authors and I'm thrilled they are both coming out with new books this summer!

In the latest in the author's series, take another journey to Sicily with Inspector Montalbano, who seeks to penetrate the mystery surrounding two yachts and the discovery of a mutilated corpse. 

2. Monarch Beach by Anita HughesSt. Martin's Griffin, $14.99
Can a woman create a new life after her husband's infidelity? The answer is yes for Amanda, who ditches that fellow (a French chef) and belongs to a fabulously wealthy San Francisco family. 

*FAVORITE* 
3. Summerland by Elin HilderbrandReagan Arthur/Little, Brown, $26.99
A summer bonfire for the students of Nantucket High ends with a deadly accident and with painful mysteries that their parents will struggle to understand in the months that follow. 

Marian Caldwell is a TV producer in her 30s who has put her youthful indiscretions behind her: until the most memorable of them, 18-year-old Kirby, comes knocking at the door of her New York apartment.


want more Shorely Chic? follow along on facebook - twitter - pinterest

2 comments:

  1. Add PORCH LIGHTS by Doretha Benton Frank…. It is wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think it's such fun to read beachy novels in the summer time! I'll look for these at the library. I read fast! Once I get into a book...I can't put it down! Stay cool!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting us, we would love to hear what you think - - Have a beachy day!

**We love to reply to your comment, so please make sure your profile shows your email address, it makes it much easier! :O)

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.