Latest Articles from our Partners

Daydreaming of Sailing

I love cities that are on the water. I love the water element, specifically the sea. I grew up on the sea and I grew up sailing - I love sailing - and the presence of the sea gives the air and the light a very special quality that I absolutely adore.

Daydreaming of Sailing

I've never sailed a day in my life; but the thought of jumping aboard and sailing around the world is a dream.  A simple life of waves, sea mist and no deadlines sounds heavenly.  I'm always full of enthusiasm when I visit a small harbor town filled with sailboats.  I wonder where they have journeyed and what stories they can tell.

Daydreaming of Sailing

I think these seagulls are doing a bit of daydreaming too...

Daydreaming of Sailing


Have a beautiful day and keep dreaming!

Marie

xoxo

9 comments:

  1. I have so many good quotes about sailing. Saving them for my photos. But I have a blog with a boatload of links.
    http://clyde-boats.blogspot.com/
    Fair Winds :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really miss our days of sailing in San Diego. Marie thanks for sharing!

    Thought you would enjoy...Interview with Leslie of Segreto Finishes and her fabulous Book Giveaway!

    xoxo
    Karena
    Art by Karena

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the photos. My husband has been sailing. In fact, her did quite a bit of it when he was a teenager. I have never been, maybe some day. Love reading your stories about how much you love it. It is very inspirational. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love passing by the marina's. Luckily I get to do it often.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oooh, what gorgeous photos!

    My husband's parents have a boat and this makes me want to jump on it right away and set sail...not that I *can* sail one bit...but I want to nevertheless!

    Sarahx

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have been sailing 4 times in my whole life and I grew up around the water. Everyone I new had power boats. My Grandfather was a commercial fisherman and my aunt owned a marina and restaurant in St Micheal's, MD when I was a kid. I could just sit on a pier and watch the boats come and go all day. There is something about it that just makes me relax. I miss that a lot. Thanks for the beautiful pictures, so many memories.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I also daydream about sailing. Didn't grow up around water but that is where my heart is. Love the pictures. Daydreaming away...

    ReplyDelete
  8. I fantasize about sailing away sometimes. Maybe it's just the island fever getting to my head, but crossing the sea with the salt breeze in my hair and nothing but blue around me sounds like heaven.

    ReplyDelete
  9. We are having my sons wedding on a large sail boat the chamouix II, I cant wait, its gonna be romantic, this boat holds a 105 people.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting us, we would love to hear what you think - - Have a beachy day!

**We love to reply to your comment, so please make sure your profile shows your email address, it makes it much easier! :O)

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.