Latest Articles from our Partners

At the Beach: Walk With Me Along the Sea

Come walk with me along the sea 
where dusk sits on the land.
And search with me, for shells are free 
and treasures hide in the sand.









As you can see, I have a few sea shells and have lots of photographs of sea shells.  Do I have a favorite? No way! I like shells that are polished & shiny as well as one which are rough & rustic looking.

Each shell is one of a kind which makes it all the more special.  80% of the shells above were found along our local beach.  I use to keep my local "finds" separated from tropical shell varieties, however I've gotten more flexible and mixed them all together now (I'm such a rebel, aren't I?).

Have a beautiful day!
Marie


12 comments:

  1. Likewise I have lots of shells in vases and tiny glasses shells collected from my travels far and wide and now I live right by the sea too :-) so from one shell lover to another.....great blog !

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have put my shells out for the spring/summer even though we do not live on the water. We are fairly close to 5 lakes though. Love your pictures. The fact that you found most by your local beach is wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Some of the lake around are nearly as big as an ocean - that works! :O) Glad you like the pics.

      Marie
      xoxo

      Delete
  3. I love the quote at the beginning! Did you write it? Shell seeking is my favorite things to do....in all of the world!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I would rather look for shells than eat!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I use shells as a prop for the ilovecopper.com website. Awesome pictures - and, yes, each shell is unique.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I don't live near the sea but have always loved seashells. You certainly have some great pictures. Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Judy at Just BeachyMay 18, 2012 at 12:02 PM

    Great photos, Marie! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Judy at Just BeachyMay 18, 2012 at 12:02 PM

    Great photos, Marie! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I have to cross stitch that saying or paint it on some old fencing accented with some shells - what a lovely poem or way to express the wonder of shells. I just came from a week at the coast & my love of shells can not be taken away even after one week of hunting- I'm ready to bring out all my treasures & see what creative thing I might create with this find. Thanks for your wonderful sharing. Kathryn

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great photos Marie. I feel the same way, I love all shells - perfect, imperfect, glossy, weathered. It doesn't matter, they're all beautiful!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting us, we would love to hear what you think - - Have a beachy day!

**We love to reply to your comment, so please make sure your profile shows your email address, it makes it much easier! :O)

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.