Lisa Storms and her son Owen made these jellyfish from paper plates and she shared her how-to directions on Scrapbooks Etc. If you make some, please let us know and post on our Facebook wall (we love to see your creations!).
Jellyfish Coastal Craft Project Directions:
- Paint the bottom of a paper bowl with watercolors.
- Trim eyes from card stock using kid-friendly scissors. Don’t have cardstock on hand? Draw the eyes with markers.
- On the inside of the bowl, add liquid adhesive and place the ends of some ribbon in it. Place another bowl on top (with the ribbon sticking out) and let it dry.
- Have an adult poke two small holes in the center of the bowl. Thread fishing line through the bowl so it creates a loop under the bowl.
- Tie ribbon and trim to the loop, then tighten the loop to secure the ribbon.
Project resources - Bowls: Target. Cardstock: WorldWin Papers. Ribbon: Heidi Grace Designs (sheer, small rickrack, medium rickrack), Making Memories (large rickrack), Offray (wired, yellow). Watercolors: Crayola.