Latest Articles from our Partners

At the Beach: Deep Roar of the Ocean

We've got a very special guest today, Caron of Everything Coastal blog and Caron's Beach House fame.   Caron is a great friend who lives near San Francisco and the California coast.  She recently shared this article on her blog and the photos are so gorgeous that we knew you'd love them too. Since I grew up in this same region, her photos alway bring a big smile to my face and heart.  Enjoy...

*   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *

"The deep roar of the ocean. The break of waves on farther shores that thought can find.  The silent thunders of the deep." 

-Doug Adams, The Ultimate Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy


Deep Roar of the Ocean



Not sure why, but this just grabbed my attention this morning while scrolling through Facebook.  The silly thing is, it was on a Coastal Living Magazine "View of the Day" post, and it was showing a peaceful, sunny setting on Bainbridge Island facing the Puget Sound with Mount Rainier in the background.  The quote and the picture didn't really seem to match?

Here's what I think of when I think of the "deep roar of the ocean"


Deep Roar of the Ocean





The stormy days spent walking the beach are my best.  Usually there's no one else on the beach but me, I can happily let the wind whip my skin, and fill my pockets with sea treasures.  Breathe.



Deep Roar of the Ocean



The sound of the waves just seem to reach into every part of me, and all of my disjointed thoughts and feelings wash right back out to sea.  


Deep Roar of the Ocean



Am definitely re-reading the Ultimate Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy.... I must have missed something the first time around.  Have a great Wednesday.

~ Caron

Visit Caron today at...

3 comments:

  1. Marie -
    You are too funny - I definitely don't have any fame! Just a small town beach girl. Thanks so much for posting the pics and my words - means a lot to me.

    Caron

    ReplyDelete
  2. Marie and Maya ~ I spent 20 years living in that area and your images bring back so many fun memories of stormy days (and nights) at the beach. There's something magical about it! Thanks for the memories :)

    xoxo,
    Lesli @ BeautifullyCoastal.com

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting us, we would love to hear what you think - - Have a beachy day!

**We love to reply to your comment, so please make sure your profile shows your email address, it makes it much easier! :O)

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.