Latest Articles from our Partners

Coastal Pottery Shopping Spree

It's Friday again - yippy! This month is flying by just like the rest of 2012 so we hope that you're enjoying each and every Spring day. 


We'd like to introduce you to Donna Finney today, owner of D.K.F. DESIGN.  Donna offers hand-crafted pottery & bags imbued with the heart and soul of one who loves to create special pieces for everyday use. Surrounding yourself with items made with creativity, warmth and a bit of soul can have the power to change your home, your meals and your routine activities into something special. 

One lucky reader will receive a $50 shopping spree at her Etsy storefront which is filled with hand-crafted platters & plates, candle holders and colanders, mugs & more.


The birth of  Donna's sea turtle totem:  "I took my family to Maui some years ago for a lovely vacation. We spent most of our time snorkeling and body-surfing. Our favorite beach, Po'olenalena, encompassed a series of craggy rock formations, teeming with marine life that attracted a multitude of sea turtles of all sizes, colors and patterns. My daily snorkeling excursions included many close encounters with these beautiful creatures, as they accompanied me along my explorations, often swimming up directly underneath me, inviting contact as I paddled along the surface of the water. I was continuously overwhelmed by their quiet power and beauty and felt blessed to interact with them.

When I returned from our vacation, I was inspired to develop a sea turtle silhouette image that I could utilize in the creation of my work, to celebrate my love of these beautiful creatures. 

The Indomitable Turtle Totem possesses the following virtues:

Independence, exploration, travel by sea, deeper consciousness, steady energy, joy with present circumstances, self-protection, inner wisdom, strength, steady and long-lasting progress, longevity, patience, the secrets of life, Heaven and Earth. 

I have decided to add the power of my totem to each piece I create from this day forward. I invite you to empower these virtues to your life with creations from D.K.F. DESIGN."

Each piece that I create is a unique item, whether thrown on the wheel, hand-built, sewn or hand-painted....each piece is one of kind."



Perfect for entertaining, the Double Sea Turtle Stamp Plate is just the right size for hors d'oeuvres, sushi, snacks or desserts. Great as a gift or when you feel like treating yourself to something special. Food just tastes better on a Sea Turtle Stamp Plate! 



These deep, generous-sized Sea Turtle bowls are great for an extra-large individual portion of cereal, soup, noodles, ice cream...you name it! But they make wonderful serving bowls for your sides at meals, as well. Set of 2. 





A Sea Turtle Cookie Stamp with Recipe Book is a great little gift item...and a great little kitchen helper. 




The Sailboat on Waves Soap Dish is a beautiful "anything dish". Is is perfect for soap but can double as a spoon rest, or to hold jewelry, loose change, paper clips...you name it! The nautical theme and Layered Fern glaze make it a perfect accent item for home or office.



"I am a product designer by trade, but I find my creative bliss working in the colors and textures of clay and fabrics. I create unique pottery pieces for everyday use, that by their one-of-a-kind nature transform the "everyday" into something special. Platters & plates, candle holders and colanders, mugs & more...all designed to add a touch of warmth and soul to your home." ~ Donna Finney


Visit D.K.F. Design Store
Visit D.K.F. on Facebook

Sorry...contest now closed.

40 comments:

  1. Hi, I just love the turtle design and the colors that you use-very pretty and coastal. I became a fan and a FB fan. Would love to purchase some items http://www.facebook.com/seaglassgems Thank you for this chance :) Enjoy the day!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh, sorry here is my e-mail oceanedgedesigns@comcast.net thanks again!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The dragonfly swirl plate is my fave piece!! Love all of the coastal-inspired pottery! Am now a FB fan and will be purchasing some dragonfly pieces for my bff who LOVES them. Loved the store and LIKED the page on FB.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love . pottery , turtles are a fav. means good luck! My e-mail is nan-sea@live.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. I didn't see a blog to follow - maybe I'm not looking in the right place. Again, love the pottery!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love, love, love this plate (Double Sea Turtle Stamp)!! And the matching platter, plates and soap dish. Those turtles are sooo cute! And the color corrdinates with the dishes I already have. How sweet is that!
    cbhdinc@msn.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. I really like the sea turtle triple platter. My late mother loved sea turtles and it reminds me of her. Very sweet!

    ...and I am following them on Facebook.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I LOVE the poppy plates and the herb garden markers. Your items are gorgeous! Have a great weekend!
    lucymmagnus@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Moving into my new apartment this weekend and a few things from DKFDesign would be SO lovely to have :D Now a fan on Facebook!

    ReplyDelete
  10. My favs are (Its a plus if they're that blue color love it!):
    *The entire Sea Turtle Blue line! - and yes that includes the soap dish ;)

    ReplyDelete
  11. following D.K.F. on Facebook....my whole home is nautical decor...I can just see some of her items in my home!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. my email address is benita.collins@att.net Thank You

      Delete
    2. Dragonfly swirl plate is my favorite! Thanks for the heads-up about the shop and beautiful pottery.
      My contact info should I win the prize and get to purchase the dragonfly plate:) is pjaco02@emory.edu
      Penne

      Delete
    3. Like Your sight And the Soft Colors you use Love the Sea Turtle design..Plate...

      Delete
  12. I would take any of the turtle pieces! I have a soft spot in my heart for them. janehahn#embarqmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love the turtle bowls!!! Also was a sailboat motif I loved! Fun visit to etsy shop and liked them on FB (am following them)! Pls enter me in the contest. My email is janeylouwu@aol.com. Thx, Jane

    ReplyDelete
  14. WOW Love her shop, a lot of great art! I love bowls, all kinds but I really love the "Green Blue Purple Cream Glaze Trail". There are 2 other bowls beside it in the shop and I had a hard time to pick the one I liked best! Will go and like her facebook page too. Thanks! ~ Beth

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love the sea turtle platter! What a lovely giveaway! Also love her soap dishes....

    ReplyDelete
  16. thanks so much for sharing DKF Designs with us it was a joy to look through all their wonderful pottery they have become one of my likes on FB

    Melody

    ReplyDelete
  17. Became a follower on FB. Some really great stuff on there...Hard to pick! :) I love the Tote Bag Teal Ochre Swirl Denim Organizer Mocha Black and the Sea Turtle Platter. :)

    Flo

    ReplyDelete
  18. I became a follower on FB.
    erinandvictor@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  19. Also went to their store. Loved the sea turtle cookie stamp.
    erinandvictor@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  20. I love everything with sea turtles! Love this..Sea Turtle Stamp Plate (set of 2) Blue Stoneware and the sea turtle soap dish, too! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  21. I love the blue bowl purple cream. Very beautiful!! bmayz@msn.com

    ReplyDelete
  22. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  23. You have such beautiful pieces in your Etsy shop, I just love 'em!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Bowl Green Blue Purple Cream Glaze Trail. But man oh man is it hard to chose!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  25. I liked this FB because I like it!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  26. Love all of your pottery. I liked you on Facebook.

    ReplyDelete
  27. I could use some of the herb markers since I just planted a bunch! The leather trim tote is really cute too!

    ReplyDelete
  28. I really love the sea turtle cookie stamp, it's so cute but of course I love all things sea turtle :) beach cove jewelry @ gmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  29. I love the herb garden markers!

    ReplyDelete
  30. I love her color palette and natural motifs, especially her sea turtle! Lovely and unique home decor accents and gifts!

    ReplyDelete
  31. I like the Sea Turtle Platter, Triple Turtle. The color is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting us, we would love to hear what you think - - Have a beachy day!

**We love to reply to your comment, so please make sure your profile shows your email address, it makes it much easier! :O)

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.