Latest Articles from our Partners

Coastal Garden on the island of Paros, Greece

A long time ago, in a place far, far away I dreamt of becoming a landscape designer.  Living along the Washington coast is both a challenging and wondrous environment for creating a coastal garden.  Since the weather has been extra mild this winter I've already been working in the yard this season...pure joy for coastal gardening enthusiasts.

I guess the only thing better than gardening near the seashore is to actually have a garden right at the seashore! Meet Carolyn Chadwick, landscape architect, from the Netherlands.  "I create beautiful spaces for outside and integrate prairie grasses for movement and the filtering of the light. I have various clients in Europe. My designs are inspired by the famous Garden designer Piet Oudolf."  If you love coastal waters and gardening then I think you may really like the photos below. Enjoy!

5 comments:

  1. really beautiful.. especially love the 3rd photo ,the agapanthas & the colours against the sea!
    x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have driven by this garden on the road. It is great to get a closer look.
    Cheers,

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is one of the best landscaping I've ever seen that is built beside the sea. Would it still look great if I we can add plants that are a little bit taller. A bush of berries would be great.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is definitely the view that I want to see from my bedroom. I can already imagine how relaxing to see a beauty like this when you wake up in the morning.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting us, we would love to hear what you think - - Have a beachy day!

**We love to reply to your comment, so please make sure your profile shows your email address, it makes it much easier! :O)

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.