Latest Articles from our Partners

At the Beach: The Art of Seashell Hunting

I was just sitting down to write about seashell collecting and popped over to Ocean Styles blog --guess what they were sharing about? Yep, seashell collecting! I couldn't of written the article better! Enjoy and thank you to Rebecca of Ocean Styles.


The Art of Seashell Hunting


Seashell collecting is a popular pastime for all ages. I have wonderful childhood memories of collecting shells with my grandparents every summer. It was always an adventure when I was on the hunt for the most interesting shells I could find. Now that I'm older I want to share that experience with my family.  But what many people don't realize is there is much more to seashells that just simply collecting. Here are a few tips when starting out with seashell collecting.


First and foremost check out the rules concerning shell collecting in the areas that you are interested in. Some places don't allow collecting or allow it only during certain times of year. Some require permits. The last thing you want to do is start out your adventure with a sour note!

Seashell collecting is a popular pastime for all ages. I have wonderful childhood memories of collecting shells with my grandparents every summer. It was always an adventure when I was on the hunt for the most interesting shells I could find. Now that I'm older I want to share that experience with my family.  But what many people don't realize is there is much more to seashells that just simply collecting. Here are a few tips when starting out with seashell collecting.

The Art of Seashell Hunting


First and foremost check out the rules concerning shell collecting in the areas that you are interested in. Some places don't allow collecting or allow it only during certain times of year. Some require permits. The last thing you want to do is start out your adventure with a sour note!

There are other ways to use your seashells are great beach decor. Glue shells onto a old picture frame, and bring it back to life. Use the shells to make a wooden sign, suck as "Tiki Hut"? or "On Beach Time" or even your child's name and have them hang it on their bedroom door. You can also decorate candles or make a collage. Get into the holiday spirit and make ornaments. You can make a different one for each family member. The possibilities are endless for what you can do with your newly found treasures!


The Art of Seashell Hunting


Happy Beachcombing!


6 comments:

  1. Love it! great ideas and great article.

    gina
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love searching for seashells! It's my most favorite way to spend a special day! ♥

    ReplyDelete
  3. A "Dr. Beachcomb" reminder about Eco-sense: Shells are truly beautiful beach treasures but always remember to never, ever kill a mollusk for it's shell. Doing so harms the animal whose house you are stealing and also disrupts the marine food chain. Forgo endangered shells or shells harvested unsustainably in places like the Philippines and Indonesia. Such countries are destroying their aquatic environments so people in the west can place pretty shells on their living room tables.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey! Do you use Twitter? I'd like to follow you if that would be okay. I'm absolutely enjoying your blog and look forward to new posts.
    Also visit my weblog :: learn piano

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi friends, pleasant paragraph and nice arguments commented here, I am
    in fact enjoying by these.
    Here is my web-site ... Work from home jobs

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting us, we would love to hear what you think - - Have a beachy day!

**We love to reply to your comment, so please make sure your profile shows your email address, it makes it much easier! :O)

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.