Latest Articles from our Partners

{Coastal Christmas - Day 4} Creating a Beach Christmas Tree

Take a six foot tall artificial Christmas tree and add 600 clear mini lights, then throw in some tiny white starfish, beachy gift tags, white metal stars and a collection of glittered seashell ornaments from the previous year and what do you get?



















Yep, it's our Beach Christmas tree in the living room this year and boy is it difficult to get a good photo of a Christmas tree {just sayin'}.

We used the Coastal Gift Tags which we've been buying throughout the year as the main decoration on our main Christmas tree {we have 3 tree total this year}. White starfish in various sizes were stuck here and there. We were happy to see that the handmade glitter seashell ornaments we made last year were in great shape still.  Newspaper and tissue paper wrapping on the seashells last year worked wonderfully and we only had a small amount of glitter that came off.

As you can see, our green couch is now covered with the new Sure Fit slipcover and the living room looks beachy chic for Christmas. We're keeping it mainly light and simple this year with our decorations. We did add some pops of color under the tree with some of our favorite glass floats, vintage bottle and sailboat.

We're pretty happy with the finished tree and personally it puts a childish grin on my face when I turn the lights on each night.  :O)

How did you decorate your Christmas Tree this year...
Coastal? Shabby Chic? Country? Traditional?

– – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – –
Today’s coastal article brought to you by these premier coastal partners…
As well as these fabulous coastal businesses >Coastal Marketplace

6 comments:

  1. Looks wonderful, Sally!! I'm decorating my trees today..., I'm in the full swing of it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a beautiful, dreamy tree! I use a lot of victorian items on my tree. A few antique ornaments and some I've made from broken antique doll heads and tiny porcelain and bisque dolls that have lost their arms. If the shoulder plate has been broken, I just glue it on a tassel and wrap braid or lace around the neck and glue a hanger and I just make pipecleaner arms for the dolls that are missing arms and make them a little lace dress from old lace or fabric. Sometimes their legs are broken and the dress covers that. I can't bring myself to throw them away, so I put them to use that way.

    ReplyDelete
  3. i love everything about this tree!:D

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi there, I love your Christmas tree. I always find it very interesting seeing the different ways people decorate their trees. There is just no right or wrong way is there. Thanks so much for sharing and Happy New Year. I have recently found your blog and am now following you, and will visit often. Please stop by my blog and perhaps you would like to follow me also. Have a wonderful day. Hugs, Chris
    http://chelencarter-retiredandlovingit.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous Christmas tree! I have not even started decorating - too busy making gifts and cards :) Hoping to get my tree done this weekend! Thanks for sharing Christmas tree ideas here and inspirations. Happy holidays!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting us, we would love to hear what you think - - Have a beachy day!

**We love to reply to your comment, so please make sure your profile shows your email address, it makes it much easier! :O)

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.