Latest Articles from our Partners

Daydreaming of Hydrangeas

I love hydrangeas...do you? I am so blessed that our beach cottage garden has three mature plants...and they were here when we moved in. I've always enjoyed these divine flowers but never actually had them in my garden until now. They certainly seem to enjoy our shoreline location.

We have many drizzly days and that is always my favorite time to photograph these precious flowers...of course, it's always in the morning while wearing my famous rain boots and PJ's. LOL!

Here are a few of my photos from last October when the hydrangeas were just finishing up their season. It will be a while longer until this year's blooms are ready to cut and enjoy so I'm daydreaming of hydrangeas on this lovely Spring day.  I hope you enjoy and have a fabulous day!













You can find us blog hopping at Good Life Wednesday, Outdoor Wednesday , Cottage Flora Thursday  and Photo Feature Friday


 Please support our premier sponsor...
 
Ocean Offerings 
Unique and Distinctive Gifts & Jewelry Inspired by the Sea.




    Join Us and continue the conversation!
    Subscribe to RSS Feed
    YouTube

    21 comments:

    1. I love hydrangeas. You should stop by and check out my post from yesterday. Kindred spirits.

      ReplyDelete
    2. I share your love of hydrangeas. These are beautiful. I love that second photo where you can see the little buds in the background :)

      ReplyDelete
    3. lovely...you can change the color of your hydrangeas just by changing the ph in the soil. i have seen it done...........

      ReplyDelete
    4. I adore hydrangeas! Your pics are fabulous!!

      Love,
      Susan and Bentley
      xxoo

      ReplyDelete
    5. One of my favorites...soooo sweet and soft looking!

      Blessings,
      Linda

      ReplyDelete
    6. I just love hydrangeas! Mine are so green and hopefully ready to bloom soon! I love your photos, so beautiful and the colors are so vibrant. :)
      XO

      ReplyDelete
    7. I adore hydrangeas... and have 2 in the gardens at our new house... I'm looking forward to finding out what colour they will be when they bloom!

      ReplyDelete
    8. hydrangeas and bleeding hearts are blessings from heaven - thank you for posting those beautiful pictures!

      ReplyDelete
    9. I also love hydrangeas, but they won't grow in my area, so thank you for sharing yours with me!

      ReplyDelete
    10. These are gorgeous, a friends daughter actually had big bunches in her wedding.

      ReplyDelete
    11. Beautiful! Love that blue lacecap! I'm posting about hydrangeas tomorrow with my link to cottage flora thursdays. I hope you check it out. Love your pics. So vibrant.

      ReplyDelete
    12. The colours are beautiful. Love the hydrangeas.

      Kelly

      ReplyDelete
    13. i love these beautiful hydrangeas!!
      cheryl x

      ReplyDelete
    14. Lovely flowers and beautiful photos! Glad you added your link to BC Good Life Wednesdays.

      ReplyDelete
    15. I love hydrangeas very much. I have to buy them in the store though...as they don't grow well in my climate. I was able to buy some dried ones...and they lasted a long time. Have a great Memorial Day Weekend. Take care..Debbie

      ReplyDelete
    16. Hydrangea's are one of my faves. the colors of the photo's are so beautiful! Have a great holiday weekend girlie!! :)

      ReplyDelete
    17. wow so pretty, soft-looking! love the blue petals...

      ReplyDelete
    18. Thanks for linking up this post at Cottage Flora Thursday's - the colors in your hydrangeas are so vibrant! so pretty xoox, tracie

      ReplyDelete
    19. They are my favorite! You took some wonderful shots Marie. I really love the first one. We have been so dry here this year I think the blooms are suffering.

      ReplyDelete
    20. Our neighbor gave us a hydrangea when our dog passed away recently. I can't wait to watch it grow and bloom this summer. Yours are beautiful!

      Kat :)

      ReplyDelete
    21. Breathtaking! I love your photos. I just bacame a new follower. I found you at fishtail cottage linky party. Stop by and see what I have blooming!

      ReplyDelete

    Thanks for visiting us, we would love to hear what you think - - Have a beachy day!

    **We love to reply to your comment, so please make sure your profile shows your email address, it makes it much easier! :O)

    Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.