Latest Articles from our Partners

Camellias in the Morning

I awake before the hubby each morning so that I have time to wander around the beach cottage garden searching for flowers to capture in their morning glory.  Finding dew or raindrops on my flowers instantly brings joy to my heart as I shoot numerous pics. Life is good!

I'm sure the neighbors think I'm nutty as I poke about the yard each morning in my PJs...especially when I'm wearing my pink cupcake-design rain boots. LOL!
This time of the day is available to me to mediate on the little things I'm thankful for as well as viewing the birds and clouds floating along. I always make sure to take a few minutes to stand with my eyes closed and listen to the roaring surf; which instantly focuses my mind and is the perfect way to start the day.  

Even though we've had an overabundance of rain, we have been fortunate to receive a showy display of White Camellia flowers this year.  In between all the rain storms, I was able to capture a few shots of these lovely flowers.

Copyright 2011 - Mg Rhoades Photography

Just starting to open . . .

Copyright 2011 - Mg Rhoades Photography

This is probably my favorite photo, mainly because the flower is not perfect yet still extremely beautiful. It reminds me of how to decorate and live...don't worry about having everything perfect, just enjoy the beauty that you do have.  Imperfections are what makes things unique and interesting...


Copyright 2011 - Mg Rhoades Photography

A sweet little camellia blossom...


Copyright 2011 - Mg Rhoades Photography

Do you take some time for yourself each day?


We're sharing on Good Life Wednesday and White Wednesday

 Today's coastal article brought to you by...
Join Us and Get Social!

 Sally Lee on Facebook Sally Lee's RSS Feed  Sally Lee on Twitter  Subscribe to me on YouTube

16 comments:

  1. Ah ha another pj gardener! Lovely flowers and photos of them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful photos! I wish I had some cupcake galoshes...I might go out every morning if I did!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Pink cupcake rain boots, hugh! Love it! Thanks for sharing your Camellias. They are beautiful! All that rain brings beauty in between. We have some purple flowers popping up that I have no idea what they are called. We've only lived here for 9 months, so I have some research to do this Spring.

    Have a great day!
    ~Michelle
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous flowers! We actually got some rain, too, so I'm excited to see when my hydrangea will bloom!

    Hope you and your family will have a glorious Easter!

    Big TX Hugs,
    Stephanie
    Angelic Accents

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such lovely white camellias - love your photographs!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Marie, these photos and flowers are so beautiful! I love it that you go about your garden in your PJs and cupcake boots, I bet you look adorable!! :) We have had lots of rain and I am starting to see buds on the trees.....YEAH!!! :)
    Hugs to you!!!
    XO

    ReplyDelete
  7. beautiful photos!! morning is the best time of day..
    cheryl x

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love the dew drops on the buds. Achieving stuff in the mornings is my way too.
    Best Carolyn

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your photos are absolutely beautiful! And I love your thoughts on imperfections.
    - Andrea

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi! Your flowers are gorgeous...I don't think I 've ever seen camellias growing in real life. No cupcake wellies either...:-( ! I d love some of both. Thx for stopping by my blog, welcome!

    lizzy at gone to the beach
    http://gone2thebeach.blogspot.dom

    ReplyDelete
  11. My dad loves to take photographs of the flowers in our yard as well as birds and butterflies. You guys would have fun comparing pics!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful pictures Marie! I think our camellias are about done. I hated how many just fell to the ground. Wish they'd stay longer.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Your photos of your camillias are simply stunning. I love how you captured the dew on them. I wish I could get a new camera. Don't you wish the white ones wouldn't turn brown so quickly?

    xoxo
    Kathleen

    ReplyDelete
  14. It's cool how your camera captured all the little raindrops on the camellia blossoms - it sounds like a lovely morning getaway :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Glad to know I am not the only p.j.gardener. My neighbors have all seen every pair of pajamas I own, LOL. Your camellias are beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Great pics! Thanks for stopping by Beach Cottage Good Life Wednesdays and linking up :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting us, we would love to hear what you think - - Have a beachy day!

**We love to reply to your comment, so please make sure your profile shows your email address, it makes it much easier! :O)

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.