Latest Articles from our Partners

Beach Cottage Sign: Seas the Day

Beach Cottage Sign
Here we are again at the beginning of the week, is it just me or do the weekends go way to fast?!  I'm happy to report that the sun came out on Saturday which certainly brightened up our little cottage.  The flowers, which are way behind in blooming this year are getting close (hopefully). One of my favorite things to do is photograph flowers so I'm in serious withdrawal this spring.

I'm one of those people that LOVE quotes and words and one of my favorite sayings is, "Seize the Day." When we needed some beach cottage accents for the kitchen it was easy to choose a quote to use...of course, we added a beach cottage twist!

We found an old crate that had seen better days (don't worry, I considered carefully if it could be used for anything else first) and a few whacks with a hammer, pulling out of nails provided some rustic-looking sign boards for FREE.  A light pink/salmon shade of paint was on one side so we used that for the front figuring a bit might show through once sanded (and it does).





Sand, prime, paint, sand, paint, write, sand, paint, dry and add a sawtooth hanger - that pretty much sums up how to make it! LOL! Honestly, I used some of the wall paint from our back splash area as well as some of the white from the cabinets to give it an old look. A dark blue acrylic paint for accenting and that's it!





It's one of those simple signs that brings a smile to our face each time we look at it...it's the little things in life. Have a lovely day.

You'll find us hanging out at Masterpiece Monday; Show Off Your Cottage Monday & Metamorphosis Monday


Today's coastal article brought to you by...

17 comments:

  1. I LOVE this sign! Just perfect for a beach house.

    Thanks SO MUCH for your sweet comment and for following my blog. I really appreciate it. I'm following you back!


    Kelly

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is for sure the little things in life that bring the greatest joys! I love your sign and how you put your own twist to it. :) It looks perfect in your beach cottage kitchen window. :)
    I hope the sun is out again for you today!
    XO

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love how your sign turned out, that is one of my favorite quotes and one that I try to live by! And I'm talking about seize and seas, lol.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm with Rhonda (Shellbelle)...that's a saying I try to incorporate into my life...DAILY. This is a cute idea. Thanks for sharing your project.
    Jane (Artfully graced)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the play on words, so cute! I also collect quotes and have a never-ending word document that I add them to, someday I plan to put them all in some type of cute scrapbook to put on my coffee table!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a great sign ... the saying is perfect! Might have to try this ... especially since I live by the sea. :) Thanks for sharing, *Becca*


    www.adventuresindecorating1.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hello! So glad you came by my blog - Love your twist on the 'seas - seize'! Looks great - I thoroughly enjoyed my visit!
    Kathy

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love this! I had never heard it before until now. How wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love it...just doing a beachy theme in my family room and this would look perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love it! I noticed it in your kitchen reveal and I didn't realize that you made it yourself. It's definitely a project on my to do list too!
    - Andrea

    ReplyDelete
  11. Loving the colors! Thanks for stopping by, I'm now your newest follower! :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Absolutely adorable! I'm a sign girl myself...

    Thanks so much for stopping by my blog. I look forward to getting to know you...

    Following you right back....

    Take care,
    Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh I love that sign...why don't I have beach house?!!! Have a great day and thanks for the recent visit!

    ReplyDelete
  14. This blog is very good & informative.I have gain so much information from this blog.I like your blog.Thanks for the post.I am waiting for your new post.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting us, we would love to hear what you think - - Have a beachy day!

**We love to reply to your comment, so please make sure your profile shows your email address, it makes it much easier! :O)

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.