Latest Articles from our Partners

Outdoor Living Ideas for your Beach Cottage

Outdoor Breakfast Nook - Sunset Magazine
Spring has FINALLY arrived and the Washington coast is enjoying a bit milder weather. Even with all the spring rain yet to come, we are thankful that the flowers are beginning to bloom nicely around our cottage. 

Our dream is to cover our back deck (keeping fingers crossed for this summer) so that we can enjoy more outdoor living time.  There is nothing better than eating dinner al fresco during the warm months of the year, don't you agree?

Here are some favorite outdoor living ideas that hopefully inspire your creativity (or a bit of daydreaming).  Kick off your shoes and enjoy!




"Comfort, the beauty of imperfections, the allure of time-worn objects, and the appeal of simple practical living: these are the cornerstones of Rachel Ashwell's Shabby Chic® brand 
Outdoor living with Rachel Ashwell

"The house offers plenty of opportunities for outdoor living, including a terrace with a pergola. "As much as we enjoy this house, we prefer to use the exterior spaces as much as possible," says Erin, Traditional Home Magazine


Terrace with Pergola ~ Traditional Living Magazine

"The seascape steals the show in this indoor/outdoor space. When the transition is seamless, you can enjoy storm watching and stargazing from a box-seat perch." ~ Coastal Living Magazine


Photo by Claudio Santin ~ Coastal Living Magazine

"The courtyard deck provides a sheltered gathering space. The outdoor fireplace is finished in concrete, as is the fireplace in the living room." ~ Architect Ken Tate, Traditional Home Magazine.


Courtyard Deck ~ Traditional Home Magazine

"Neighbors have something good going on? Incorporate it into your landscape, as with these trees spilling over the wall." ~ Cottage Living

Cottage Living Magazine

When building their cottage, the Barwick's, left room for an octagonal gazebo where they read, relax, and entertain. "The small dining table with wicker chairs is a perfect place to enjoy morning coffee or a light lunch overlooking the water--and they can be easily moved in or out of the sun as needed." ~ Barwick Beach Cottage, Traditional Home Magazine.


Beach Cottage Gazebo ~ Traditional Home Magazine


The Barwick's gazebo has a ceiling painted in a soft robin’s-egg blue, which contrasts with the brighter all-weather-fabric striped curtains that include a dash of sunny yellow.


Beach Cottage Gazebo ~ Traditional Home Magazine

"Go ahead; be more daring with outdoor pillows than you would be with indoor ones. These bright coral, blue, and green ones pack a punch of energy and cheer." ~ Coastal Living Magazine

Outdoor living space with pillows ~ Coastal Living Magazine

"Can you double your living space without adding a single square foot to your house? Absolutely, as Yifat Oren and Jonathan Cutler’s Los Angeles garden shows.

Changes ​in levels and materials help carve five distinct “rooms”—each laid out in a neat geometric shape and accented with the same hot colors—from the couple’s unused back and front yards." ~ Sunset Magazine


Tiered outdoor deck ~ Sunset Magazine
 We have a favorite, do you?


Today's coastal article brought to you by...
Join Us and Get Social!

 Sally Lee on Facebook Sally Lee's RSS Feed  Sally Lee on Twitter  Subscribe to me on YouTube

12 comments:

  1. I love the beach cottage gazebo - my favorite for sure!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the gazebo, it is my dream to have one or a winter garden with beachy things.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Terrace with Pergola. That's the one I would pick.
    They are all beautiful. OH I can't wait for summer. Thank you for pretty images.
    Love Claudie from Canada where it's still too bloody cold!!
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  4. they're all great but the one with the beach in the background is amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I would say that the Coastal Living would be my favorite but I do love that pergola! I am hoping that we can add one someday to our front.
    They are all beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have to agree that the Coastal Living one would be my favorite. I am so excited about spring and spending time enjoying the outdoors.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the gazebo--would love to have one someday :O)

    ReplyDelete
  8. #7 and #8 absolutely perfect!!
    I loooove this stile!
    Thanks and greetings from Spain,

    Elena

    ReplyDelete
  9. Dreamy, all these! Now if I could just figure out a way to keep the night's dew off my al fresco dining set, we could have breakfast on it!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Loved those striped drapes. I am waiting for the rain to stop so I can put out the new pillows I had made!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh my I get excited when I see a view from a porch like in the photo from Coastal Living and depressed at the same time as the only way I will ever be able to enjoy a view like that year round is if I win the lottery. :) Lovely post.
    My best-Diane

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love the first one with the red chairs! They are all pretty great though! Thanks for stopping by my blog - I love your site, will be following!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting us, we would love to hear what you think - - Have a beachy day!

**We love to reply to your comment, so please make sure your profile shows your email address, it makes it much easier! :O)

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.