The mango salsa perfectly complements the mahi mahi and is especially tasty when served with brown or white Basmati rice.
We often use Costco's Mango Salsa or make our own when we have more time. Enjoy!
Grilled Mahi with Mango Salsa
1 cup red onion, charred and chopped
1/4 cup diced red pepper
1/2 cup mango puree
1 quart diced mango
1/4 cup chopped green onion
1/4 cup chopped cilantro
Dash of coarse ground pepper
Enough fresh mahi mahi steaks for six people
- Peel and slice the red onion into two or three large pieces. Char pieces on a grill. Then remove, and rough chop into 1/4" pieces.
- Dice the mango and red pepper.
- Stir mango, red pepper, and mango puree together then add a dash of coarse ground pepper.
- Before serving, heat in microwave or on stovetop for three minutes, then add scallion and cilantro.
MAHI MAHI PREPARATION
- Lightly salt and pepper the mahi mahi on both sides.
- Depending on size of your fillets, grill six to eight minutes per side over med-high heat.
- Make sure not to overcook; fish should still be moist when you poke it with a fork, and flake easily.
Have you visited our Premier sponsors lately?
- Cottage Coastal Store - providing handcrafted cottage & coastal home accents
- The Seashell Collection - Beach-Inspired Home Accessories
- Ocean Offerings - Unique and Distinctive Gifts & Jewelry Inspired by the Sea.