|A menagerie of glittered seashells blanket our work table.|
We collected many seashells from our local beach this year as well as a few little floats so we decided to dedicate one of our trees just to our beach treasures. A few starfish purchased from QualityShells.com finished up our Coastal Christmas Tree with ease.
|A bit of glitter, ribbon & bow make a Japanese float an extra special Christmas treasure!|
Our Holiday visitors will each get to select one of the ornaments from our Seashell Christmas Tree to take home with them as a memento of their Christmas at the Beach.
|Paint highlights the Sand Dollar's natural design & glitter was added for a dazzling effect!|
Ribbon; Jute or Pre-made Bows
Glitter (shredded; crystal; iridescent)
Hot glue and hot glue gun
- Clean your seashells/floats/etc. in a mixture of 50% bleach & 50% hot water...a touch of Dawn© dish soap helps to lift dirt. The bleach water assists in killing bacteria and smell on your seashells. Soak for 1 hour or overnight depending on how dirty they are. Rinse thoroughly and let dry completely before using.
- Option: Use acrylic craft paints to highlight edges; a sand dollar design or to create even more dazzle! A shell painted metallic gold looks gorgeous with a bit of glitter over the metallic shade.
- Pour white glue (either Elmer's or Tacky glue) into a disposable cup and add a bit of water to thin it slightly.
- Brush white glue* onto the seashell; sprinkle lightly with glitter(s) or roll in glitter if you prefer. Lay flat until dry. (*A variation to using glue is to brush on an interior varnish to your shell and then sprinkle glitter on while the varnish is wet)
- Glue ribbon onto ornament with hot glue (make sure the position of ribbon lets ornament hang correctly). Enjoy!
My pretty seashell ornaments are ready to hang...they filled our 4' Christmas Tree beautifully!
I'll show you how I made my "Snow-Angel Tree Topper with Seashell Wings" later this week!
|Win a Holiday Silhouette by Suzanne Nicoll Designs© ~ Sponsored by Cottage Coastal|
For more fun Holiday inspiration check out Metamorphosis Monday, Nifty Thrifty Tuesdays; The Tuesday Train and Follow Me Back Tuesday