Latest Articles from our Partners

Seashell Chandeliers - Gorgeous or Gaudy?

I just have to know... how do you feel about Seashell Chandeliers!?! I ♥love them♥; however I've heard from a few (in order to protect the guilty I will not name, names! LOL!) that they think they're more than a bit gaudy.  In order for you to make an educated decision I've selected a few for you to ooh and aah over (or cringe at if you so choose)...

Eric Piasecki ~ Coastal Living

Earlier this year, Pam of I Love Shelling shared a shell chandelier created by one of her best friends. "Sarah is one of my best friends but she isn’t a sheller. She does her shelling in my garage when she comes to visit. Sarah is an artist and this shell chandelier is a spectacular piece that she just hung in her home in Virginia Beach this year." The piece is unbelievable! 




Definitely more of a modern design, the Jenny chandelier is an electrified natural shell chandelier with antiqued silver finish by Oly Studio.



Shell & Sheet Music Chandelier by My Green Gazebo - This is a gorgeous chandelier with each shell carefully chosen to fit and follow the curves of the chandelier. When lit, the "clam cups" glow softly and the sheet music sleeves around the "candle sticks" add an additional detail.




Carolina Rustica offers this Currey & Company Oyster Shell Chandelier - What a bold statement this chandelier makes, with its powerful oyster shell construction arranged artfully. The chandelier is almost powerful-looking, like the shells from which it is made.


Elegant Seashells creates numerous styles of shell chandeliers. All pieces can be designed as you like, with the seashells of your choice.  Their goal is to create a unique piece that portrays your personal taste. A light, shade or chandelier that will be remembered and enjoyed.









 


So which is your favorite one? 
Are they gorgeous or gaudy in your eye? 
 

Coastal Living

 

11 comments:

  1. I might be biased but I think Sarah's is the best of all of them :). I just visited Waterman's restaurant in Virginia Beach last weekend and saw they had 2 of the Jenny Chandeliers. It looks pretty spectacular when it is lit.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the first one. The second I would go for without the larger pieces on it. Then again we have lower ceilings in our older home.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the second one but I think they would be such a pain to clean. All those spots for dust to get in and you can't just soak them in the sink.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think 'canned' air like you use for cleaning your computer keyboard would work great for cleaning these. They each have a unique look and I like them all. Have a good weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gaudy yes.. but in the right setting she shell chaneliers are gorgeuos... (from ur twiter question)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hmm, well, I'm going to have to say that in most cases I think they tend to be a bit gaudy. (cringe, cringe) Sorry. That being said, I really like the first one. I guess I tend to like more delicate looking chalediers, and these mostly look heavy and a little chunky to me. The Jenny chandelier is pretty, but a little more chunky than my style. Thanks for sharing, its always great to see something unique! I haven't been to Waterman's for several years, next time I am in VA Beach I'll have to stop in just to see your friends chandelier!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am going to say Gorgeous and Gaudy and I WANT ONE!
    I like the styling of the first 3 and the look of that house so I think it works there. Obviously in a more elegant setting it would be a little much but me likey. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hmmm, well looking at them all to me they tend to be on the gaudy side. However, if the shells are in moderation and not so cluttered, perhaps that would result in a different product. I did like the picture with the shells on the lamps. Nice post!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I have to go with gaudy. I prefer simple, so out of all of them, I have to say I like the Oly Studio one the most. But even that is a bit too much for me. I don't dislike the idea, though. If there were just less shells, I think I would like it better but the way they are, they look like someone pulled a big piece of reef out of the water and stuck lights on it.

    ReplyDelete
  10. My 2 cents... it depends on the setting. A little ornateness goes a long way with me. Of these I rather like the one with the sheet music... a nice glow. But I'd likely hang it above a picnic table on the patio.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Marie, I'd have to say the second and third photos are my favorite, and I think in the right setting/decor they are fantabulous!! Thanks for stopping by my blog, and you and I share a favorite movie - Under the Tuscan Sun! I even have a quote from it at the very bottom of my blog, not to mention a few posts have been done using quotes for the movie as well.. Might just have to pop in my DVD right now and watch while I work! Enjoy your weekend, Donna

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting us, we would love to hear what you think - - Have a beachy day!

**We love to reply to your comment, so please make sure your profile shows your email address, it makes it much easier! :O)

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.