Latest Articles from our Partners

Small Details That Make Me Smile...

Each morning I look to my dream board and read the words, "I pay attention to small details that make me smile every time I see them."  I've believed in this sentiment for years and feel it is really the most important thing to keep in mind while decorating your home.  My camera accompanied around the house over the weekend as I thought about my morning mantra...here are a few things that make me smile each day.

Starfish dangle gracefully from my dining room windows... 




Seashells, some over 50 years old,  fill a giant clam shell in a bookshelf...





Starfish cast a heavenly reflection each morning in my living room windows...




Salvaged bottles from the beach, each decorated by my hands, fill the dining room windows with their whimsy...




Recently found in the bottom of an old box of stuff from my mom's belongings...this wreath fits perfectly into our Cottage's decor...




A little planter with "Tranquility" stamped into it...too small for a plant, I stuck a favorite pillar candle inside and glued a seashell on the outside...




My gallery of old family photos, antique art & favorite quotes reminds me of the past and makes me feel safe and thankful...




My cobalt blue vase which is filled with various blooms throughout the year . . .






Homemade cookies and hot coffee in my favorite mug...definitely puts a huge smile on my face :O)


Obviously seashells, starfish and family are the details which make me smile...what things make you smile?

 

9 comments:

  1. Beautiful things, I can see why they make you smile! It really is the little things in life that make me smile the most. Thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love pretty and personal things in my home. You have so many lovely things.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So many wonderful things! I have "little coastal things" spread around too, and just love them!

    ReplyDelete
  4. My place isn't on the beach, but I feel justified "beaching it up" since we're 10 minutes inland. I love the airy touches you have throughout your home.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Marie! :) I'm so glad you found my blog..I love new faces and getting to know wonderful new people! So glad you liked my fall decor...I had a blast putting it all together. I am SO ready for fall...all these 90 degree days are about to do me in! :-) Can't wait for crisp evenings, sweaters and the turning of the leaves!
    Hope you have a wonderful weekend!
    Blessings & Hugs
    Missy
    OH, things that make me smile, are blankie marks on my little boy's face in the morning...dew on the grass and the sound of laughter around my kitchen table. :) I know those aren't exactly tangible things, but they do make me smile. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey Sally! So glad you stopped by my blog! I love your things.. the starfish are great! Actually it is all great!!! I am going to follow you too... Anna @ Moon River :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a lovely collection!!! I especially love the gallery of art and photos you have. It's gorgeous! Thank you for visiting and following my blog. I am glad to have found yours also...love it, and am following it too!

    Nancy

    ReplyDelete
  8. What beautiful pictures! I love your beachy style!

    Thanks for visiting over at Ten June!

    xo- M

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting us, we would love to hear what you think - - Have a beachy day!

**We love to reply to your comment, so please make sure your profile shows your email address, it makes it much easier! :O)

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.