Latest Articles from our Partners

Seashell Crafts Are a Great Distraction

Happy Monday, my beachy friends. I hope that you had a great weekend and found some time to dig your toes in the sand...or at least relax and dream about digging your toes in the sand!

I've been cleaning batch after batch of seashells this weekend (you may recall my treasure of seashells found on the beach last month) so I've kind of got seashells on the brain right now...well, more than usual. LOL!  Leave it to Better Homes & Gardens to distract me...I remember flipping through my mom's BHG magazine back in the 1970's as a kid and I still enjoy it today.  They never disappoint when I'm looking for fun craft projects, garden ideas, recipes and such. They even have projects for those of us that LOVE our seashells.  I recently found a few fun projects to try including this wonderful seashell birthday card, which might just give me an excellent excuse to quit shell cleaning for a while...

Patterns and full directions are available here >> Seashell Sentiments Birthday Card
 


Has anyone done a mosaic with seashells? If you have, I'd certainly love to hear about your experience. I've been wanting to do something like this for a long time, but haven't gotten up the nerve yet.


Recycling always makes me happy and this simple little project reuses a tin can as a flower holder! You could use fabric, paper, wallpaper, paint or whatever you can come up with to cover and beautify your new flower holder . . .

Simple directions >>  Beach Detailed Flower Holder



I think I'm going to give the tin can flower holder a try first...what about you?

4 comments:

  1. Looking at old magazines for ideas is always a good reference. Great Post!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I get distracted by which shells to use and can spend a day sorting to only throw them all back in! Whitewashing pots with shells placed at the rim is a nice one to try.

    ReplyDelete
  3. My mom would collect shells from various trips to the beach and have jars and jars of them in the garage, just waiting for some craft. Now I am sad I don't have them to look at and be inspired to do something with them. I love the seashell card. Also, if you are into seashell jewelry, please check out www.barbaraumbel.com she has some incredible sea urchin and shell designed jewelry under her gallery and one of a kind.
    I just included her in my recent post since I stumbled upon her site at a craft festival we went to.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting us, we would love to hear what you think - - Have a beachy day!

**We love to reply to your comment, so please make sure your profile shows your email address, it makes it much easier! :O)

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.