Latest Articles from our Partners

Sail Away with Me: A Mural


Happy Monday ~ I hope that everyone had a wonderful weekend.  Mine went by too darn fast, how about you? I did finally finish up a little mural that I've been working on for a few weeks.  I have several glass windows inside our home which are 3' tall and 1' wide. They each have an Iris stamped on them in gold...very 1980's like. I honestly can't stand them so decided to dig through my paint drawer to see what I had. 

I found some glass paints and glaze which I had bought on sale years and years ago, but never used.  PERFECT! It's important to make sure that each layer of paint fully dries before you try to add more paint - I'm use to working with oil and acrylics which I can layer on and mix together, so it was a learning experience for me. Once the finishing glaze has completely set in a few weeks I'll be able to wash them (so they say). I left a bit of the frosted glass showing as a border around the edges. So...what do you think??? I have 3 more to paint!  ;o)


We're pleased with the finished painting!


The numbers represent our anniversary date April 28, 1983.


Added the evergreens in the background for a Pacific Northwest touch!

16 comments:

  1. Awesome job on those windows!!! And please count me in..., I'd love to do a little bit of shopping with a gift card -thanks for the chance to win!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi there! I'm a fan over at Facebook. I love the windows. They are gorgeous!! Please enter me in the giveaway, and thanks so much!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi there ... thanks so much for stopping by my blog and leaving such a kind note! Your art is absolutely beautiful !! I love how your anniversary date was added to the sail. I look forward to following your new projects. Take care, Becca

    ReplyDelete
  4. I follow you on FB-tracey byram
    traymona[at]aol.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow... what a difference. You did a great job. You have to wonder why someone thought those windows were a good idea in the first place. haha. They look SO much better!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful items - on another conversation I just met with a friend and her mother, who has alzheimer's. While going through some pieces I gave her mom a beach glass angel.....a simple triangle piece of glass with wings and a pearl head. She held it in her hand as if it was taking her to a place she hasn't been in a very long time. A moment of joy. Beach glass makes us want to rub our fingers over it time and time again - takes us back to a good place - is good for our soul.......

    ReplyDelete
  7. The windows turned out fantastic!! They look 110% better!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm your newest follower! I love that you used your anniversary date in the painting. Very clever :D

    ReplyDelete
  9. Tried following you on Google Friends Connect, but your's is out of commission.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I subscribe to your feed

    gmloschiavo at yahoo dot com

    ReplyDelete
  11. Count me in please! I like you on Facebook (as AdrianeCoros)
    adrianecoros(at)gmail(dot)com

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting us, we would love to hear what you think - - Have a beachy day!

**We love to reply to your comment, so please make sure your profile shows your email address, it makes it much easier! :O)

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.