Latest Articles from our Partners

Childhood Memories of Bicycles

On my never ending journey of searching for the quaint charm in everything, I've fallen head over heels for bicycles.  My family actually owned a bicycle shop during my youth...they joked about how I literally teethed on nuts and bolts! Life went on and I didn't think much about it, but in recent years bicycles keep making a re-appearance...a beloved Tuscan painting with a blue bicycle sitting in a field; old bicycles used as garden art; beach bikes riding along the shore...

David Masello writes that, "Bicycles were often our first experience of freedom. As kids, when we mastered that moment of finding a balance on two wheels, we were suddenly able to pedal away into neighborhoods beyond our own. All we needed was a strong headlamp, clean reflectors, and a clear-sounding bell." "I think the reason most people buy a vintage bike," says Craig Morrow, owner of Bicycle Heaven, a Pittsburgh-based source for antique and collectible bicycles, "is that they want their old bike back--a way of regaining their youth. Or maybe a vintage bike lets people have the one they couldn't afford as a kid." I definitely agree...







 Life is like riding a bicycle - in order to keep your balance, you must keep moving.  

~Albert Einstein





Celebrating the Coastal Lifestyle

4 comments:

  1. Ahhhhhhhhhh......you're a gal after my own heart! I heart bicycles.......images, just like you've posted, of them in different settings just make me smile! The memories they conjure up of my growing up yrs spent on a double-bike(my girlfriends and I covered every inch of our town on a bicycle built for two!) bring so many smiles to this ol' face!
    Will email you my addy....and a pic of a bicycle that I took a while back that I luv!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous post!!! I really enjoyed the movie and have many great memories of my first taste of freedom...and buying my first bike with the money I earned myself!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love it:)
    You know I love my beach cruiser!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes, I purchased a vintage bike at an auction a Robin Hood it reminded me of my sister's bike when we were kids.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting us, we would love to hear what you think - - Have a beachy day!

**We love to reply to your comment, so please make sure your profile shows your email address, it makes it much easier! :O)

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.